Another Stockbridge/Suzi Greenway ride is “in the books” as they say…
It was a beautiful evening for a ride, and ride we did! By 6:30 we had 12 riders on 12 motorcycles filing out in 82F warmth…
Some would say that the weather for the day was “perfect”. Mid to upper 70s, the sun shining brilliantly, with just the hint of a breeze. One caveat to the perfect day was the traffic. As feared, the U of M football traffic wreaked havoc on the assembling of the knights coming forthwith east of US-23.
Impromptu rides are often fun, and it’s sometimes a bit of an adventure just to get them on the calendar and secure some participation. That wasn’t the case last night when we had nine riders “sign up” for the trip from Ypsilanti to Toledo.
The weather ended up cooperating for this ride but not before it was cancelled by the original ride leader and the rescheduled date also cancelled both due to dire thunderstorm and rain forecasts. However on the day of the original ride just hours before departure time the forecast completely cleared up going from 90% chance of rain at ride time to just 10%. I hurriedly send out an email that the ride was on with a hastily put together route.
After a line of rainstorms passed through southeast Michigan, 7 riders met up at Ford World Headquarters for a short ride to Comerica Park for our 3rd consecutive ride to the Detroit Tigers Bike Night event.
13 bikes and 14 riders rolled into K-mart parking lot between 5:30 and 6 and that included a couple of first-timers. Weather was typical of this summer but without the glaring sun. We left at 6 sharp after a quick briefing and a call to confirm our reservation.
45 Ford Motorcycle Club members, family, and guests attended the summer picnic at Hickory Ridge Pines Park in Highland Charter Township, MI on a beautiful sunny low 80’s summer day.
Probably the only redeeming quality of the evening was that it was a great evening for a ride. Temperature was mild, skies were mostly clear, and eleven riders showed up at K-Mart for the trip to Smokehouse 52.
8 bikes with 9 riders including a new to George A. sapphire blue Triumph Tiger Explorer set out from Ford World Headquarters. After pairing up some headsets for the guided tour we made our way along Michigan Ave through East Dearborn to Miller Rd.